Cookies and why we use them
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit a part of the site that requires a login
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Perform or track any sales or marketing activity
More about cookies
Website function cookies
- Making the Bookshop shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch off cookies by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our’s and most other websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
The cookie information text on this site was derived from content provided by Attacat Internet Marketing http://www.attacat.co.uk/. If you need similar information for your own website you can use their free cookie audit tool.